In addition to being the home of the Exploratory major, the EAC also supports students who have already declared a major.
Who We Advise
- Students may be referred to the Exploratory Advising Center by their college/school for collaborative academic advising and counseling. This referral does not necessarily mean that you are required to change or reevaluate your major. However, we do want to meet with you as soon as possible to assess your current situation and identify the best course of action to achieve your academic goals.
- Students who feel that they may benefit from the unique services the Center offers are welcome to email us at email@example.com to connect with an advisor.
Services We Offer
- Academic advising for students who are reevaluating their current major or are working to gain admission to a selective major.
- Students who want more information about the implications, opportunities, and logistics of switching majors.
- In-depth, holistic advising for students who are in academic jeopardy.
EXPL 1010 Spring Course
In addition to the advising services listed above, the EAC also offers the EXPL 1010 course in spring semesters for current Auburn students who are already in a declared college or major. If you are a current student who is interested in joining the spring EXPL 1010 course, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions on how to meet with one of our academic advisors. Students enrolled in the spring course will have access to all of the services that are associated with the Exploratory major, including:
- Career Assessments
- Interest Discussions
- Career Resources
- Professional Networking
- Major Exploration
- Job Shadow Facilitation
- Informational Interviews
- Course Observations
- University Preparedness
- Curriculum Guidance
- Registration Assistance
- Transition Out Processing
Exploratory did more than just help me choose a major. It eased my transition into college and taught me numerous life lessons, like understanding how to navigate professional interactions and decision-making. Because of the program’s impact on me, I was able to secure an amazing opportunity post-graduation.